- It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, and anti-emetic properties.
- It helps to decrease inflammation, swelling and pain due to its ability to inhibit prostaglandin and leukotriene synthesis.
- It inhibits serotonin receptors and has the ability to break up and expel intestinal gas (carminative effect) which makes it a good antiemetic agent.
- Its antioxidant activity, the ability to induce cell death (apoptosis) and suppressing certain protein bestows it with anticancer properties.
- Compounds found in ginger are known to suppress allergic reactions.
- Ginger root contains a very high level of antioxidants.
- Ginger’s antihistamine property helps in treating allergies — a common cause for respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis.
- It is also known to inhibit airway contraction and help stimulate the secretion of mucus.
- It is the herb of choice for persistent cough and sore throat associated with colds.
Recommended dose: As a dietary supplement for adults 18 years of age and over, take 2 capsules daily with meals with water or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Composition: Each capsule contains 250mg extract of Ginger Root
As with any supplement, if you are pregnant, nursing or taking medication, consult your doctor before use, Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery. The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your doctor.