Garcinia Cambogia - Overview, Benefits, Precaution, Dosage
What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit and is popular in weight loss diets. Garcinia cambogia is an evergreen tree belonging to the Hypericum family and belonging to the genus Garcinia and grows in forests from Karnataka to Kerala in western India and areas as high as 6,000ft in Nilgiri. It is also found in Southeast Asia, West and Central Africa, Australia, and Polynesia. The use of garcinia Cambogia is traditional. It has been used as a spice for curry since ancient times. It is a perfect supplement for those who cannot stop eating high-calorie meals.
The fruit and peel have a sour flavour, and in Ayurvedic medicine, this smell is thought to aid in digestion and has been given to control gastrointestinal processes like laxatives. It also aids in controlling hunger.
The fruit is full of vital nutrients, but its star ingredient is actually hydroxycitric acid, which can prevent the action of the enzyme citrate lyase, which lowers fatty acid synthesis and raises collagen formation. Another benefit of this method is that it lessens hunger, for which it is well-known throughout the world.
Nowadays, it is quite famous to use with weight loss diets. Its main property is to suppress appetite, reduce fat accumulation, reduce sugar craving, maintain cholesterol level and many more. It is the right fruit or supplement for the weight loss journey.
- Latin Name: The Latin name of garcinia Cambogia is Garcinia gummi-gutta.
- Family Member: Garcinia Cambogia belongs to the Clusiaceae family, which is a flowering plant family.
- Common Name: Malabar tamarind is the common name of Garcinia Cambogia.
- Habitat: Southeast Asia is the perfect habitat for Garcinia Cambogia.
Properties Of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia, also called Tamarind, works beneficially in reducing fat in the body thanks to the following active ingredients. The active ingredient of garcinia cambogia is Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA). The properties of garcinia cambogia are closely related to the Hydroxycitric Acid only. It is present in 50% of the rind of the fruit.
Hydroxycitric acid helps the human body to use fat as a source of energy, making it difficult for the formation of fatty tissue. It is believed to have played a significant part in controlling lipogenesis, or the production of endogenous lipids. Basically, Hydroxycitric acid is in charge of blocking the enzyme that will become fat deposits in different parts of the body. Therefore, it is in charge of preventing the accumulation of fat.
Thanks to Hydroxycitric acid, which makes Garcinia Cambogia is a very famous fat burner and gives a slimming property to physical changes as well as mental changes.
According to some research, this also boosts serotonin levels in the brain, which can help people feel fuller longer and have less of an appetite or desire to eat. Neurotransmitter serotonin controls a wide range of functions, including hunger and eating behaviour.
Other ingredients in garcinia cambogia-
- Garcinol: Anti-inflammatory properties and powerful anticarcinogenic
- Succinic Acid: Antibacterial Properties
- Tartaric acid: Powerful antioxidant
- Camboginol and Cambogia: It is found in the resin of the fruit and gives rise to a powerful purgative, GUM GUTA.
- Vitamin C: Powerful antioxidants, beneficial for the immune system.
As a consequence of the properties of all these substances, we summarise the benefits of garcinia cambogia in the:
- Decreased cholesterol and
- triglyceride levels.
- Energy boost.
- Increased serotonin levels.
Lose weight with Garcinia cambogia?
The use of Garcinia fruits, garcinia capsules, or supplements is popular for losing weight. Is it really working? Yes, somewhere it is effective in losing weight.
Although more research is still needed in this area. A team of experts notes that L-carnitine is included in its makeup as hydroxycitric acid's devoted ally when it comes to weight loss. This molecule plays a role in the oxidation of fats and the production of energy, making it crucial in the fight against obesity and helping us shed pounds as long as we combine it with exercise.
Experts claim that garcinia cambogia can aid in short-term weight loss. Its effectiveness, however, diminishes with time as a result of adopting healthy living practices, leading to the feared rebound effect. It is advised to include it in the diet not as a component to lose weight but to keep it maintained.
In contrast, a number of studies have shown that garcinia cambogia may be harmful, but there aren't enough studies to back up these claims. As a result, it's recommended to talk to your family doctor and adjust your regimen in accordance with any drawbacks you experience.
Garcinia Cambogia Benefits
Several benefits are linked with the Garcinia uses. Here are some of the benefits that you should know-
- Prevents Fat Accumulation: Garcinia helps to prevent the accumulation of fat. When we have food, the carbohydrates and lipids are broken down into glucose by various enzymes in the body and converted into energy. But sometimes, the overdose of food which does not convert to energy becomes fat in the body through the binding of citric acid and an enzyme called ATP citrate lyase. The Garcinia fruits or supplements prevent the binding of this citric acid and ATP citrate lyase. In addition, it also has the ability to inhibit de novo lipogenesis, that is, it prevents the formation of fat in the body, thus having less accumulation of fatty acids in adipose tissue.
- Greater satiety: Garcinia is also great for mental health. It releases serotonin in the brain, which directly affects the urge of having something. It stops the suppression of appetite and controls your daily intake. The use of garcinia also makes you feel fuller for a longer time and makes you less hungry. In addition, it also begins to burn stored fat. The use of garcinia on a daily basis helps to control your craving.
- Stop transforming carbs into fats: The active ingredient of garcinia cambogia is HCL. It is a compound that is responsible for the inhibition of the citrate lyase enzyme in the body, which is an important catalyst in the process of turning excess carbohydrates into fat. Thanks to HCL, which stops the transformation of carbs into fats and keeps fats level in control. Due to HCL(Hydroxycitric acid), garcinia is also known as a fat burner. It stops fat formation as well as supports the burning of excess fat in the body.
- Speed Up Metabolism: Garcinia Cambogia is also great for digestive health. It boosts the metabolism process as well as increases the breakdown of stored fat cells. A better metabolism is very important to digest food properly and use the food for energy. A healthy metabolism helps to lose weight more quickly. Garcinia naturally keeps the metabolism on track and supports better digestive health.
- Lower Cholesterol: Garcinia is a fat burner. It reduces the fat level in the body as well as lower the cholesterol level. It decreases the production of triglycerides and cholesterol in the body which is great for weight management. Having a healthy cholesterol level is also good for heart health. Yes, garcinia is also great for heart patients. It lowers bad cholesterol and keeps the arteries wider and healthier.
- Anti-inflammatory: Garcinia cambogia has anti-inflammatory effects which reduce the inflammation in the body. It reduces the inflammation of the skin, stomach, intestine and many more. The anti-inflammatory property of garcinia is like a bonus for our body.
- Throat Health: Being anti-inflammatory, garcinia cambogia works well against inflammatory conditions in the throat. It reduces throat inflammation.
- Boost immune system: Garcinia is rich in antioxidants as well as Vitamin C. Hence, it supports a better immune system and protects the body from external sources like viruses, pathogens, etc. Its high presence of vitamin C plays an important role in your overall health.
- Make you happy: Besides physical change, it is also linked with mental calmness. As said, Garcinia has an appropriate level of serotonin, the popularly called "happiness hormone", which is why it offers extra energy, as well as a more restful sleep and a good general condition. The regular use of garcinia makes you feel happier and relaxed. You can have better sleep and a happy mood with your controlled diet.
Garcinia Cambogia Dose
Garcinia Cambogia is widely used as a nutritional supplement. It is of vegetable origin and famous in the body. It is very important to have Garcinia Cambogia in the right dose because it affects a lot of body functions for us. It affects fat metabolism, feeling of satiety and many more. As per the expert FSSAI, the decided dose is as followed-
- Mature fruit: 5-10 g (as powder)
- Butter/ Oil: 3-5 g/ml
- Extract 1 – 2 g
The use of the extract form of Garcinia Cambogia is famous. It is available in the form of capsules, tablets, juice and many more. People prefer to choose their supplements as per their needs. Make sure to stick to the 1-2 g of Garcinia Cambogia only. Do not exceed the dose because the result varies as per age, health condition and many more. Well, it is always good to talk to healthcare professionals first before adding any supplement, even Garcinia Cambogia supplement. They will guide you with the right dose as per your age, health, and several other conditions. Here are some points you should keep in mind while taking Garcinia Cambogia or its supplement.
- Intake of 500 to 1000 mg supplement with a glass of water 2-3 times a day or as per expert.
- Keep an interval in the doses. Do not intake the recommended dose at once.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach and 30-60 minutes before eating.
- Do not exceed 2000 mg, it is the maximum recommended dose.
- Its consumption is recommended for about 12 weeks.
- Rest for at least 1 or 2 weeks before taking it again if you want to lose more weight.
- It is recommended to take accompanied by a healthy diet
The side effect of garcinia cambogia
Garcinia cambogia is a herb, still, there are some cases which cause side effects to the body. Here are several points detected in a multitude of patients-
- Garcinia cambogia is not good for pregnant or lactating women.
- It is not ideal for intolerance to vitamin C. It can lead to mild stomach pain.
- The active ingredient of Garcinia cambogia can reinforce and render the medication. It is important to talk with healthcare professionals if you are on some medication.
- An overdose of Garcinia cambogia is not good for the body. A maximum dose can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, migraines, nervousness, insomnia, gastrointestinal symptoms etc.
A side effect of excessive consumption of Garcinia cambogia varies from body to body. It could cause delirium, euphoria and overexcitement, which will give us more insomnia; dry mouth, dizziness, diarrhoea and even headache. In addition, some people may develop classic symptoms of mania, such as very rapid and slurred speech, irritability, and decreased need for sleep.
According to various studies and research carried out, it has been determined that excessive consumption of Garcinia cambogia can also cause health problems such as the Elevation of liver enzymes, jaundice and liver damage.
These can generate a great health risk, so it is advisable to go to a professional with any hint of symptoms. Therefore, it is advisable before starting its consumption, to consult with a healthcare professional to guide us and indicate the appropriate doses; as well as the time that its consumption should last.
Garcinia Cambogia recommended for?
Garcinia Cambogia is a special herb and supplement. It is famous as a perfect supplement for weight loss. Below are the recommendations for where you can use garcinia supplements on a daily basis.
- If you are healthy, overweight people.
- If you want to control your appetite.
- If you started a new diet.
- If you want to lead a more active life
- If you want to burn some fat
- If you are a perimenopausal or menopausal women who want to lose weight
- If you have increased fat at the abdominal level
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) On Garcinia Cambogia
What is garcinia cambogia fruit?
Garcinia Cambogia fruit is a green fruit from the Garcinia plant. It is rind fruit with pulp. It is an amazing fruit for weight loss and reducing food cravings. It is highly famous among people who want to lose weight.
What is garcinia cambogia in hindi?
Garcinia Cambogia ek fruit hai jo weight loss krne me help karta hai.
What medications should you not take with garcinia cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia is a very powerful fruit. It can affect the medication and treatment. You should talk to healthcare professionals while using it. You should always avoid using it with the medication of iron, potassium, calcium, antidepressants, statins, montelukast (Singulair), warfarin, etc
Which garcinia cambogia is best for weight loss?
A pure and natural garcinia cambogia supplement is best for weight loss. You can go with Bhumija garcinia capsules as well.
Where to buy garcinia cambogia fresh fruit?
Garcinia fruits are available at online and offline stores. If it is difficult for you to find fresh garcinia fruits, you can go with a garcinia supplement.
When to take garcinia cambogia capsules?
It is suggested to have garcinia cambogia capsules with an empty stomach. Consume it is half an hour or an hour before any meal. Consume a lot of water with it.
How to use garcinia capsules?
The right way of using garcinia capsules is to intake 2 capsules twice a day. Always consume it half an hour before any meal. For better guidance, talk to healthcare professionals only.
What are garcinia cambogia capsules used for?
Garcinia cambogia capsules are famous as a weight loss supplement. It helps to reduce the appetite, and cravings as well as reduce the accumulated fat in the body.
What are the benefits of using Garcinia?
Weight management, weight loss, low appetite, low craving, low cholesterol, better digestive health, etc are the benefits of regular use of garcinia cambogia.
What are the side effects of having Garcinia?
Nausea, upset stomach headache, migraine, dizziness, dry mouth, etc are side effects of garcinia. You can experience side effects in some cases or overdose of it. Talk to an expert before starting to use it.
When should I take Garcinia?
Garcinia should take half an hour before any meal. It is recommended for garcinia capsules, tablets, juice or any other supplement form.
Can Garcinia help you lose weight?
Yes, it is said that garcinia helps to lose weight by reducing appetite, burning fat, lowering cholesterol, etc.
How much Garcinia should I consume per day to lose weight?
As per FSSAI, you can consume 1-2g of garcinia in the extract form. For better results, it is good to talk to experts. They will guide you with the right dose as per your age, health condition and needs.
Can garcinia harm the liver?
In some conditions, garcinia can affect liver health. As per one of the studies, the use of garcinia is linked with apparent acute liver injury.
Does garcinia make you gain weight?
No. Instead, garcinia helps to lose weight.
Is consuming Garcinia safe?
Yes, garcinia is safe to use because it is a natural supplement.