Natural Ways To Increase Collagen Production In Skin
Our skin, bones, tendons and joints are made primarily of collagen. Consequently, this protein is essential for maintaining our health and quality of life. It is one of the most abundant proteins in the body. Well, the production of collagen is carried out naturally, but at some age, we require an external collagen booster for all types of skin problems and skin health.
What is collagen?
The secret to staying young forever is collagen. Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin firm and fresh. It is also famous for skin beautification. Collagen prevents the wear and tear of the tissues that make up the bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles, circulatory and lymphatic systems. Collagen is also known as glue protein.
It is available in the overall body like tissues of muscles, tendons and skin. It provides elasticity, firmness, hydrates the skin as well as delays the ageing process.
The deepest layer of the skin contains collagen fibres, which defend against environmental factors like the sun, cold, and pollution, increase resistance and flexibility to motion, and lessen wrinkles and expression lines. However, over the years, the production of collagen in the skin and synthesis of the collagen decreases as the metabolic processes slow down in the body. Around the age of 25-30, our body starts decreasing the collagen in the body. It is ideal to add collagen-boosting food to the diet at the age of 25-30 or more.
Advantages of collagen for skin
A high collagen level in the body manages many important functions. It aids in maintaining a healthy physical look and guards against diseases and infections.
- Creates a shield of defence against outside influences.
- It is a structural framework that offers resistance and firmness.
- It maintains the dermis's moisture levels and flexibility.
- Lowers flaccidity.
- Minimises acne marks and encourages healing.
- Slows down the effects of ageing and reduces wrinkles.
Consequences of lack of collagen
- Dryness and loss of elasticity.
- Thinning of the skin and therefore, more weakness.
- Healing problems.
- More chance of infections.
- Wrinkles and sagging.
10 Foods That You Should Add For Better Collagen Level & Production
- Meat: Among foods of animal origin, meat is one of the best sources to increase the collagen level in the body. By having the meat we ensure that our body has enough amino acids. A lot of amino acids are good for the cartilage and joint's good condition. It is important to choose the right piece for collagen boost as well as a healthy body. Lean meat such as chicken, rabbit, etc is recommended. Likewise, you can avoid saturated fats from red meat.
- Blue Fish: Bluefish is a famous marine collagen ingredient. Having fresh or cooked blue fish also provides a lot of ingredients that boost the production of collagen levels as well as increase the collagen level itself. A portion of mackerel, salmon fish, blue fish, etc is perfect for cardiovascular health as well as your skin, and bones. Fish are rich in high content of omega 3 fatty acids that prevent cell oxidation as well as act as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Bone Broth: The animal bone broth is best for the human body. Simmering the animal bone in water extracts the collagen in the water and increases the collagen level in the body. In addition, bone broth is also rich in calcium, magnesium, glucosamine, chondroitin, phosphorus, collagen, amino acids, and many other nutrients that increase the synthesis of collagen as well as being effective for bone and connective tissues. Remember, each bone broth is different and able to work differently. The quality of bones varies from animal to animal. It is suggested to have quality bones for better results.
- Egg: The eggs also stand out as a producer of collagen due to their protein content. It contributes to strong bone mass and increases collagen production. It is advisable to have a complete and balanced diet that includes two eggs a week. The egg whites are rich in proline in high concentration. Proline is one of the amino acids that work for the collagen protein in the body. Proline is one of the necessary substances required to create the building block of collagen in the body.
- Lemon: The food originating from the animal is not limited to collagen production. Fruits and vegetables are also there that work for it. Lemon is one of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C in high content. Vitamin C plays an important role in the production of pro-collagen, the body's precursor to collagen. You can have better skin with the use of lemon. Lemon contributes to the production of collagen in the body as well as acts as an antioxidant which makes our skin look smoother and rejuvenated.
- Onion: Onion is a special vegetable that contains sulphur. The sulfur compounds help to increase blood circulation and promote collagen production in the body. Onion use leads to the production of healthier skin cells for the face and hair. It reduces skin infections, prevents skin cells, and boosts firmness and hair growth in the body. Add a few pieces of onion to your salad. Having an uncooked onion is better than having cooked onions. The sulfur substance is high in uncooked onion and able to work effectively for the collagen protein.
- Nuts: A handful of walnuts, pistachios, pine nuts, hazelnuts or chestnuts can be a good way to take care of your skin. Nuts are rich in omega fatty acids like omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9 that stimulate collagen production, which will soon give visible results with smoother skin. Among all nuts, cashew nuts are our recommendations. Cashews are rich in zinc and copper which have the ability to create collagen in the body naturally. Just have a handful of nuts in the early morning every day. Do not eat a lot of nuts for better skin improvement. It can be dangerous for your body.
- Pepper and Tomatoes: Pepper and tomatoes are the natural sources to have for better skin. They are rich in lycopene, a substance which has excellent antioxidants. Lycopene and vitamin C from tomatoes and pepper contribute to the secretion of collagen. Having a medium-size tomato can provide almost 30 percent of the nutrient for the collagen protein. Adding tomatoes and pepper to your salad is ideal to use together. Tomatoes provide protection from sun damage and also help in collagen breakdown. When choosing pepper, it is great to go with red pepper. The older the pepper, the more vitamin C it has, and the more useful for collagen production.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are favoured among fruits that are high in collagen. This food offers a wealth of antioxidants in addition to protecting the collagen in our bodies. Berries like strawberries are rich in vitamin C. Even more vitamin C than oranges. Hence, it protects the skin and collagen damage in the body. It is best to have strawberries in the morning. A perfect mid-morning snack might be a bowl of sliced strawberries mixed with bits of fresh cheese.
- Gelatin Desserts: Gelatin itself is a collagen product prepared from the animal or plant body. Having gelatin dessert is famous nowadays for skin health because it increases collagen levels and collagen. Because of the high glycine and proline content in gelatin desserts, it can help the construction of many bodily skin tissues, particularly tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bones. It is best to select the unflavored presentation and use natural flavours with the chosen fruits to get the most natural advantages from gelatin.
The Importance Of Collagen
Joints, skin, bones, muscles, and tendons make a human body. Having a good condition of all these tissues is required and it totally depends on the level of collagen proteins. As said, with age our body stops its synthesis. If you are at the age of 25 or more or have a visible ageing sign, then it's time to pay attention to your diet. Try to include the above foods in your diet. Finding all of the above food ingredients is also difficult. In fact, it is enough that we eat a complete and balanced diet that includes all food groups, both of plant and animal origin.
It is important to keep it consumed for better results. Consume the above ingredients once a day either in the morning or night.