Top Benefits Of Saw Palmetto For Women, Must Read!
Saw Palmetto is a very popular and traditional herb used in many health conditions. It is a natural supplement for men and women. Well, the use of saw palmetto is highly famous for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It has the power to stop the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone naturally. Men are impressed with the working of saw palmetto in their health condition. Today, we are explaining the benefits of saw palmetto for women. Its properties are also beneficial for any woman's health condition.
What is saw palmetto?
Saw palmetto is a native herb from North America. It is also known as Serenoa Repens. It is a palm-like shrub which gives dark-coloured berries. The saw palmetto berries are used by humans to improve their several health conditions. This plant is commonly found in Florida, America, and some parts of Alabama, It is very rare to find in India or many countries. The extract form of saw palmetto berries is used where it is not easy to find. Well, the fruits and seeds of saw palmetto are used for medicinal properties in the form of decoction, tea, capsules, juice or many more.
Saw palmetto is rich in beta-sitosterol, fatty acids, protein, carbs, polysaccharides, and amino acids. In addition, it contains Estrones, which act like hormones. Mainly, Saw palmetto works as a DHT blocker. It helps to balance the hormones in men and women and stop the production of DTH.
In the human body, DTH(dihydrotestosterone) is present. Our body converts testosterone into DHT(dihydrotestosterone). It is a normal mechanism. When the conversion of testosterone into the DTH(dihydrotestosterone) increases, it disturbs the hormone level and causes many problems to the human body. Saw palmetto is a natural supplement which stops the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone into the DTH(dihydrotestosterone).
Benefits of Saw Palmetto For Women
The use of saw palmetto is not restricted to men only. It is also a great natural supplement for women. Here is the list of saw palmetto benefits for women's bodies.
- It is a natural supplement for hair loss: Alike men, saw palmetto work on androgenetic alopecia in women too. The mechanism of hair follicles and hair growth is the same in both genders. When the level of DHT(dihydrotestosterone) is high in the body, it shrinks the hair follicles on the scalp and causes hair loss and many hair problems. Well, the DHT(dihydrotestosterone) is available in the normal body. When the conversion of testosterone increases, it causes excess DHT(dihydrotestosterone) in the body and affects the hair growth cycle. As we know, testosterone is the primary hormone in the male body, but not in the women's body. Still, women's bodies contain a smaller amount of testosterone. When this less amount of testosterone converts to dihydrotestosterone, it causes androgenetic alopecia in women. Saw palmetto capsules work as DHT blockers. It stops the working of 5-alpha reductase in the scalp which convert the testosterone into DHT. It is a great supplement to increase the hair cycle growth phase.
- It prevents and improves hirsutism: High levels of dihydrotestosterone(DHT) in women may increase the body, facial and pubic hair growth as well as affect the menstrual period, and increase acne. When a woman's body increases the dihydrotestosterone(DHT) hormones cause abnormal changes in the hormones which also causes changes to the genitalia. Saw palmetto treatment can be administered orally or topically with a high success rate as per one of the studies. The high dihydrotestosterone(DHT) in the women's body is because of high testosterone levels in the body. The excess amount of male hormones surely increases the appearance of a male. Well, the effective rate of women with hirsutism in the world is too low. It is just 5-10 percent of the women. Regular use of saw palmetto balances the hormone and prevents the hirsutism symptoms in the body.
- It reduces urinary symptoms in women: For a long time, saw palmetto and saw palmetto supplement the urinary tract function in men. But as per a recent Japanese study, saw palmetto also helps to lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) in women. It can reduce the daytime urination frequency as well as help in nocturia. Women who are suffering from overactive bladder problems should try to saw palmetto. It is anti-inflammatory, which reduces inflammation and improves urinary tract function. Yes, women do not contain prostate but the overactive bladder causes urinary problems in the woman's body that can be treated by the saw palmetto berry extract.
- It prevents acne and breakouts: When there is no singular known cause for the acne, then hormones play an important role. The hormone imbalance causes breakout and acne formation in the body, especially on the face. As per studies, when the production of sebum is high it causes acne. Sebum production increases by being stimulated by androgen hormones. DTH hormones affect the androgen hormones and lead to the overproduction of sebum, which causes acne. Sebum protects the skin, but over sebum clogs the pores and causes blackheads, whiteheads, acne and pimples. To stop the overproduction of sebum, we need to moderate the hormone level. Saw palmetto is a natural supplement to stop the conversion of hormones to dihydrotestosterone(DHT) as well as reduce the stimulation of androgen hormones. Oral medication of saw palmetto herb may reduce acne and breakout by balancing the hormone.
- It is helpful in the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS): Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a metabolic condition linked to inflammation and insulin resistance. It is a hormonal disorder, which causes enlarged ovaries and ovaries to malfunction. It leads to hormonal imbalance, like elevated testosterone, high dihydrotestosterone(DHT) and androgen levels. Saw palmetto works to balance the hormone in the body by limiting DHT production. It helps the body to reduce excess dihydrotestosterone(DHT), moderate androgen levels and many more. Hence, it also reduces the symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome like metabolic syndrome, sleep problems, infertility, mental disorders, high blood pressure, high serum sugar levels, and other symptoms like high risk of cardiovascular disease. A natural supplement like saw palmetto is rich in fatty acid which stops the 5-alpha reductase from working and prevents testosterone, reduces testosterone and helps in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Additionally, saw palmetto helps control prolactin, another significant hormone. Cystic development in people with PCOS is caused by prolactin. Additionally, it is a hormone that prevents ovulation and follicular maturation (egg formation). Periodic irregularities are partially caused by prolactin. Last but not least, saw palmetto's anti-inflammatory qualities may help lessen the pelvic discomfort, inflammation, and bloating that many PCOS sufferers experience.
How Much Saw Palmetto Should Women Consume?
Saw Palmetto is a natural supplement. It is safer to use than the traditional time. Like other herbs and drugs, using the right dose of saw palmetto is also required. As per FSSAI, the recommended dose of saw palmetto is 320 mg. It is a general recommendation for all. Women should also consume 320 mg a day. It is not good for health to increase the dose. A high dose can lead to adverse effects and can imbalance the hormones more.
In How Many Days Saw Palmetto Shows Result?
Saw palmetto is a herb. Its berries are used for saw palmetto supplements. A herb will take time to start showing results in the body. You should wait at least for 4-8 weeks. It slowly starts working in the body and gradually improves the results. In addition, it is also important to use it daily for better results. If you skip your dose for a day or a week, then it will not work for you. Moreover, a proper diet and exercise are also suggested with the use of natural supplements. A supplement is not just a solution, a routine and diet also play an important role.